Click on the following to explore!

Friday, January 6, 2017

How good are my GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores?

Updated: Sept. 24, 2019

I have been asked this question "How good are my GRE and TOEFL/IELTS scores?" a lot of times! Specifically the students from Engineering or Medical background who doubt the verbal test for being the criteria for the technical major.

From my experience and reading, for getting an admit in top-rank (top 50) school in U.S., you will need (other requirements explained in my other blog post (Decision-Making ..coming soon)):
-- GRE score more than 320/340, specifically
    Analytical writing (AW) score more than 4.0/6.0,
    Math score more than 160/170,
    Verbal score more than 160/170.

-- TOEFL score more than 100/120, specifically
    Speaking section score more than 20/25.

Depending on Departmental/University requirements, you can take either TOEFL or IELTS test. International students need to demonstrate their English abilities through AW scores and TOEFL/IELTS scores. Also, if you intend to apply for Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) in the University, you will need good scores in the speaking section of TOEFL/IELTS.
I have found the following link to be useful-for those who seek to apply for US universities for MS (Master of Science).

http://www.msinus.com/content/gre-universities-486/#.U8Tnz5SSw4E

Please see the official webpage for GRE , TOEFL and IELTS for more details.

Please see my website for knowing about my research and work experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment